Thursday, August 11, 2011

Flower Love...


Growing up, I never thought of myself as a green-thumb--brownish-black was more my skill level.  However, as an adult, I took pride in my ability to keep houseplants alive--they even flourished under my care which surprised me to no end.  Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for those poor helpless victims that grew outside.   

When I was 24, I decided to try my hand at planting a bunch of annuals in a little flower bed just outside my back door.  They died within days and it took me awhile to figure out why.  Could it be that I never bothered to add potting soil and planted them directly in the sand instead?? Yea...that might have had something to do with it.   


In 2008 I planted my first vegetable garden and I've been addicted ever since.  I get so much joy from all the hours I spend babying and talking to my plantsIf someone would have told me when I was 16 that I would grow up to be a woman who actually derives pleasure from keeping all of the garden beds free of weeds, I would have thought they were nuts.    




















No comments:

Post a Comment